Friday, November 26, 2010

Heavy Breathing

Today is Black Friday. I don't really care. I have some items on my list I need to check off so I can get them wrapped & shipped to other parts of the country. Time is growing short. So I head off to Kohl's since their sales are at decent hours and I am not an early riser, for ANY kind of sale.

I fill my bag from all areas of the store, then I get in the increasingly growing line. You know how the stores are all set up the same with checkout lines at both sides of the entrances. Both of the lines curved around the corner, and went ALL the WAY back to almost the FAR corners of the store. I figure, what the hey, I *had* to come out, so I'll be patient. Maybe I'll branch out of my shell and make small talk with someone. That is NOT me, btw. The late middle-aged couple in front of me seemed normal, even nice, and they were having a conversation that I couldn't help but over hear, I mean, I was RIGHT there. So I chime in and we talk a little.

Then I feel this presence. I realize this tall mammoth behind me was oblivious as to how close he was standing to me. This guy was a heavy breather. I thought by the sound and feel that he would be really big, but when I looked back he was just a tall and very healthy guy. He could never hide from the boogey man because you can hear him exhale from a mile away. So I did the cough thing. And the back stretch thing. And the roll my shoulders/elbow thing. He never got the hint. I could feel his breath on the back of my neck, and it's still grossing me out. I mean, I don't know the man. Why can't people be aware of personal space? Really. If I inhale your exhale cause you're standing THAT close to me, get the hell out of my personal space!

Happy Internet shopping!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BLECH! Just one more reason internet shopping rules!!!

Toddy said...

That's probably why I got sick, you carrier.