Thursday, November 25, 2010

It's A Brave New World

Welcome to my blog! I'm finally here, I know, I know, better late than never. I thought today, my very favorite holiday of all, would be the best time to adventure into my new world.


HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone! When I think of Thanksgiving, I remember car rides to NE to visit my closest cousin, playing in the snow, eating my aunt's apple pie (to die for), and being with family. Those memories along with my current traditions are why Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of all.


Our top holiday tradition is that on Thanksgiving and Christmas. We DO NOT Travel. At. All. We decided early in our lives to stay home and enjoy the time instead of trying to decide which side of the family tree to make happy and which to neglect. So we make ourselves happy, and enjoy much less stress. Now my stress is, how big is my Monkey Bread going to grow?


2008 was the year I perfected Monkey Bread (prior to baking):



2009 was even BETTER (after baking):


And 2010 has been
THE BEST EVER MONKEY BREAD OF ALL TIME:


My secret this year: +walnuts. AND what made it PERFECT was that I used homemade frozen dough balls. Damn, my hubby makes the best bun dough.



For your amusement, 2007 won the Most Deformed Monkey Bread title:


Happy Turkey Day!

2 comments:

Toddy said...

It really was a damn good monkey bread. I think I ate 5 pieces! Tasty tasty!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that you finally started this blog!!!! WOOOOO!!!

& your 2010 perfect monkey bread made me drool on my shirt a little.