Saturday, September 10, 2011

Oh LOOK, There's A Moving Truck!

Today feels like Groundhog Day. Dogs barked all night. I got up several times to tell them to shut up. I'm such a spoiler. They had something really COOL, up in a TREE for crying out loud! One does not have to wonder for long why we have no stray cats around this farm. One neat thing though, I heard an owl hooting several times. And it sounded like it was right up THERE. I can't really be mad at the dogs for long, it's their nature, and this place is the ultimate playground for hunting dogs. I'd love to see a yippee barky dog try to last in THIS hood! Ha. Not really.

Woke up early, cause the movers would be here about 8. Possibly as late as 10am, but we knew they would be closer to 8-something. And I knew the flipping idiots wouldn't COMMUNICATE to the driver that they can't possibly drive a semi onto our driveway for two reasons. 1. Stinking cable Internet company hasn't raised the line tall enough for practically our lawn mower to pass under (only slightly sarcastic--Todd can reach up and touch it in one spot), and 2. The corner is to sharp for a semi to make the turn. Now, we warned them. Todd called our contact last week to make sure the truck was on the way, and most importantly that the driver knows they have to have a smaller truck to offload stuff onto to get it to the house. You think this helped the situation that Todd proactively called? Nope. The poor driver had no clue. They have a serious issue with lack of communication to their drivers, and I can't wait to get THAT survey. Have you ever heard of Process Improvement?!? The root cause of their communication issues are costing customers THOUSANDS of dollars. I would LOVE to do a study and quantify what a few improvements could save them. But why bother with common sense. It's really not very common, anyway.

Currently, the movers are getting another truck. I am trying to make just one room "put together", so that I don't feel like everything is still chaotic. In good news, we have the kitchen entirely unpacked! It may be all over the countertops, but there are no cardboard boxes in the kitchen. That's progress. We will be hanging our new shampoo dispenser, my 12th anniversary present, soon. We tried a new restaurant last night to celebrate our 12 year mark. I feel bad that I didn't get Todd anything fun, but can't think of anything good at the moment. Maybe we will go dishwasher shopping. Cause that damn thing has just got to GO! I have to reflect that we are probably both happier now than we've ever been, and after 12 years, that is really something.

I wish that I could say that at the end of today, our Great Migration Back To The Midwest would be over. But Todd still has to go get his storage unit stuff. At least none of that goes on the main floor, and for that I am grateful.

Forgive any typos for lack of a spellchecker. Really Apple?!?!!

No comments: