Monday, April 16, 2012

Everybody Deserves A Cupcake, Dammit

I promised I wouldn't complain about a certain topic, and I'm not.  Really.


I'm going to hypothesize and talk about... baking.  Suppose I baked... cupcakes for a living.  Yea, that's it.  And suppose I had a loan from a supplier for cake batter ingredients.  And another loan from the frosting ingredient company.  Go with me on this one. 

--Cute pics inserted for entertainment value--

See, totally entertaining, no?  You're welcome.


So I'm just trying to make some frosted cupcakes.  Nothing Earth shattering.  And suppose I needed the supplier of my cake batter to work WITH my supplier of frosting ingredients to help me out.  They had to come to an agreement to help me deal with my cupcake making needs.  Perhaps I was trying to give some cupcakes away to little orphans, and I needed them to give me a price break on the main ingredient.


Sugar.


And sugar is what they have in common.  Well imagine this.  The cake batter company wants to give the frosting idiots supplier more sugar than what they asked for.  You'd THINK they'd STFU and be happy about it, wouldn't you?  I mean, it's SUGAR.  Who doesn't like and want more SUGAR? 
Sugar.gif - (8K)

Oh noooo, the frosting bastards jackwagons have to get all uppity about it and say NOOOOO, you can't give us THAT much sugar.  We wanted less.  WHY CAN'T THEY JUST ACCEPT IT, SAY THANK YOU, AND GO ON THEIR MERRY WAY?  No.  They are going to take WEEKS longer debating the amount of sugar each will give/accept.


*I* would be HAPPY to take the extra SUGAR.  I mean, WHO can't use EXTRA SUGAR????  But no, they are forbidden to give it to me.  Or they are too stupid to think of that resolution.


So now I'm wondering if those damn cupcakes are ever going to get baked.


Cause they sure as hell aren't getting frosted.

One last cute picture, to entertain you before you go.


P.S. -- the names of all applicable parties have been changed to protect the innocent.  Which is just about nobody in this plot.  Use your imagination.  Oh, and the orphans went hungry for frosted cupcakes which they were told they would receive but to date have not.