Sunday, September 9, 2012

Lucky 13

Today is our Anniversary!  After 13 wonderful years, he is still full of surprises.  (In a good way.)

We actually celebrated Friday night with a wonderful dinner out at our favorite local restaurant.  We decided going out to eat on Friday nights is fun....  Maybe we'll do it again.

We didn't have anything specifically planned for today, so when he unexpectedly wanted to go pick up a pinball machine, I simply didn't have an excuse NOT to.  We ended up having a good day, and now he is preparing what will undoubtedly be an exciting dinner at home.

I took pictures of our wedding pictures today, because somewhere along the way, I've lost the negatives.  I remember that perfect day, and relived it going through the pictures.
Back on 9/9 of '99, we got married at 9am.  I joke that it lasted about 9 minutes, but seriously, it was that short.  We eloped to a secluded little secret park in the suburb in which we lived.  We made sure there was no scheduled maintenance going on--can you imagine them mowing or spraying when we wanted to get hitched?!? 

We were required to have 2 witnesses, which actually caused a dilemma.  We wanted to e-l-o-p-e.  As in, we go do it, and it's done.  If we got into inviting friends, then we had to invite family, and if you invite family, you have to invite ALL the family.  So we just decided to keep it as simple as possible.  We asked 2 non-standard-working folks we had just met down the street to be our witnesses.  We didn't really know them, and they jokingly offered at a neighborhood block party where we had just met them.  Little did they know we'd take them up on their offer.  And little did we all know that we'd become good friends.  Kind of funny how that worked out.  I feel bad for not having other friends there and family, but we just had to keep it simple.  I just wanted it to happen.  And it did.  Perfectly.

I wanted pictures to remember the day.  I found a photographer who sold the negatives, so I could always get reprints of whatever I wanted.  Well that didn't really work out the way I intended since I've seriously misplaced them.  CD's were not common way back then.  So I just took pics of my pics, and they turned out pretty good.

 
Here are a couple of my favorites.  Enjoy!

Just got hitched!

 
So excited about the beautiful day.
 
 
Our family, with Roscoe and Nellie


About a month later (after our 2 week honeymoon to New England), we had a Marriage Celebration, where we had all of our friends and family join us for a party. That took some planning and preparation. It was a lot of work. And fun.  I'll try to dig up those pictures and share a few.  They are around here somewhere...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look how sweet and young and gorgeous you all are!! Happy 13th!

Anonyvox said...

I was just thinking about you guys this weekend--I collect glass insulators and I bought 2 more at a flea market. I thought to myself, "I bet I still have fewer insulators than T has pinball machines..." (I have 30.)

And another thing! Mr. Vox and my dating anniversary is 9/9/98. :-) Must be a propitious day on the calendar. Happy anniversary!

Toddy said...

Cute couple. The dogs I mean.

Mouse said...

Happy Anniversary! I love that the dogs are included in your wedding photo. You're my kind of people.