Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What Is The Right Pie:People Ratio?

I've often wondered, what is the right ratio to plan for pie to people?  For a party or holiday dinner, you want to have enough of every flavor for each person who may want a taste of any pie to have that taste.  You don't want to run out of the most popular pie flavor, and leftovers are certainly necessary.

So I ask you, what is your perfect pie to people ratio?  1 to 3?  2 to 5?  For Thanksgiving this year, I think we hit a great balance.  Maybe it was a LITTLE heavy on the pie part of the ratio.  Just a little.  We had a 3:4 ratio!!!

I baked a pecan pie, and my mother made a chocolate pudding pie (with just a touch of coffee that you couldn't really taste, it just brightened the chocolate flavor) and a pumpkin streusel pie (the UGLY one, but it was tasty; we all know ugly food = tasty food).  All of our pies were very yummy.  And the best part?  We had pie in the early afternoon BEFORE our big turkey day feast in the late afternoon!  Yes, I had my pie FIRST!


My buddy Tric reminded me that I had not shared pics of our pie buffet.  So here you go!



3 comments:

TRICIA said...

OMG!! That looks like heaven. My absolute favorite pie is Pecan. I could just jump in and swim in those pies. Man they are sexy as all get out. OK - need a moment.

I hope I dream of the lovely silk chocolate followed my that smooth lush filled Pecan pie rounded out with the crumble pumpkin topping.

You are killing me!

Anonymous said...

Less pie, more cake!!

Mouse said...

3:4 ratio sounds amazing! I would have guess 1:3 to be appropriate. Except, I could eat eat an entire pecan myself, throwing off the balance. 5 gazillion calories and all. So good.