Friday, December 9, 2011

A Sign That I'm A Tightass

I cringe every time I open an electricity bill.  Some of us are light-turner-offers.  And then SOME (ahem) of us aren't.

I have NO problem paying for electricity to cool our house during the summer.  I don't care what it costs.  I can take off all my clothes, but if I can't get cool enough to sleep, WHAT AM I GOING TO DO???  I can't go take an ICE bath.  Life is going to be hell during menopause, my prediction.  I will pay whatever it costs to be cool in the summer.

In the winter?  Put a frickin' sweatshirt on.  Bundle up with a hoodie and a jacket.  Wear two pairs of socks with your slippers.  But don't make this place a sauna.  It isn't summer.  You're not supposed to be warm.

I just paid an extra $40 to heat AN EMPTY FRICKING HOUSE IN NEVADA, all because the old-buyers-who-aren't-buyers-anymore turned the heat up.  OH HOW I COULD RANT ON IN ADULT-RATED LANGUAGE!!!!!!!  I'll let you improvise on what I'm saying.

<end of rant>

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They turned up the heat while they were looking at the house? WTF?! Who does that? Ridiculous.

I like your thought that you're either a turner-offer or not. I have definitely become a turner-offer. Does that mean I'm an old lady?

T said...

Nope. Just means you are aware of what is happening behind you. :)

Toddy said...

Who keeps clearing their throat?

TRICIA said...

I'm with you girl!! We turn off the lights or use sunlight as much as possible. In addition, we keep our heat set really low. If you come to my house, you better bring some extra clothes. I sit here with my fuzzy socks, slippers, fuzzy PJ's, t-shirt, and sweat shirt on. It is a balmy 66 in my living room.