Sunday, January 22, 2012

It's Good To Be Back


I am so stinkin' happy to be back in the KC area.  We've seen so many great old friends within a 24 hour time span this weekend.  We saw Kevin & Suzie and the girls, Butch & Bev, Dave R (finally got to see him!), Mitch & Dawn and the kids, a ton of old and new pinhead friends at the pinball tournament last night, Ray & Becky, and Bill & Vera.  We've seen all these friends in the past day!  Wish I had remembered to take pics of the monthly pinball tournament last night to share, but I forgot.  I will remember next month.
 
We had a fabulous Mexican breakfast with Ray & Becky this morning.  I had (pork) salsa verde.  Mmmmmmm.  I can't wait to grow tomatillos, onions & cilantro in our garden and have a Mexican market in my own kitchen next summer.  The patron will be flowing.  (Note to self: buy an indoor lime tree.)  Rick Bayless is one of my favorite chefs.  I made one of his recipes last weekend and it was pretty good.  I am trying to make ourselves eat more vegetables.  I find that it is easier with Mexican food to do that.
 
We used to go to Mexican breakfast with Ray & Becky a couple of times a month back when we used to live here. It was fun finding a new dive with authentic Mexican cuisine.  You know it's good when you're the only table speaking English.  Speaking of tasty Mexican food, Ray slow cooked some incredible pork with arbole chilies all day yesterday.  He made soft tacos for us last night that I enjoyed even more than the salsa verde this morning.  I could eat Mexican food every day. 

It's definitely yummy to be back!

2 comments:

Toddy said...

Yup, this is good. Really was a good weekend, and the number of people we saw that we've known for 10+ years you literally could not count on 100 fingers & toes. And my word verification is foozo.

T said...

That's a LOT of toes...