Sunday, January 29, 2012

Well Hey There, How YOU Doin'?

I've been missing in action, and action it's been.  I've been super busy at work getting ready for the roll out of a couple of my big projects.  To say life is hectic right now, is a bit of an understatement.  Here are a few miscellaneous things rolling around in my head that I have been wanting to share.

Being so busy makes me think, what the heck was I thinking signing up for Doing My Best's Crappy Day Package?  Oh yea, cause I'm not the only one in the universe who has a crappy day, and who knows when my days are going to be crappier.  I've gotten most of my items together for the lucky recipient receiving my CDP.  I know the few remaining items I want to get, just have to make the time.  Then I will plan on how to wrap the presents creatively.

Next on my list of topics to ramble on about, a couple of you have asked for it, is the Irish stew recipe my mom made.  It's actually for a braised short rib recipe--but make it as a stew and server over mashed potatoes, and I swear you'll smell the heather and hear the bagpipes.  Go here:  Cuisinart PDF and look at PDF page 15 / booklet page 28 at the "Guinness braised short ribs" recipe.  I can just smell it now.  Yum.

I just HAVE to tell you.  Maybe I shouldn't.  Oh, what the heck.  My hubby got kinky for me the other night.  I know, I know, you're thinking, whoa lady! This is simply way too much information to share with complete strangers AND people who might actually KNOW you.  Or him.  Especially him.  Bwahahahahaha, I'm just teasin'.  But not really. 

SEE!



This is a luscious cocktail blended with vodka, mango, blood orange and passion fruit flavors and it's very tasty.  Isn't it just gorgeous?  It's a beautiful shade of coral.  It looks pink in the picture, but if you could see it, it is more coral.  The bottle is frosty white, so that color is the liquid.  I first drank it over ice.  Then I mixed it with pineapple juice.  I slept like a log all night because I didn't drink too much of it, just enough.  I want to mix it with orange juice and a splash of peach schnapps next time.  This stuff is wicked yummy.  Go get yourself some Kinky...  ;-)

I gave blood last Friday.  I am happy to report that my hemoglobin level is normal.  The last time I donated, I was borderline low, and it made me realize my iron level was low and look into what was going on.  Since then, I've been taking an iron supplement daily and I'm feeling worlds better.  My donation was pretty quick and pretty painless.  I don't even have a bruise.  I was happy with the crew they had working the donation--they were all experienced and efficient.  There were two blood suckers phlebotomists the last time who made me a bit nervous.  I was happy to see they weren't there this time.  My confidence has been restored.  If you have time and have an opportunity, go donate blood and help to save up to 3 lives.  You'll get your cholesterol level checked for free too!  What a deal.

Have a great week.  It will probably be awhile before I have time to yap at you again.  Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe I have gotten Kinky with my neighbor. Last summer, I think. Apparently I'll get Kinky with just about anyone.

Mouse said...

I want to get Kinky now too! Except, I just had my wellness assessment and they said one of my risk factors was alcohol consumption. I told the truth and said I have 9 glasses of wine a week. Whoops!

Toddy said...

Just don't let the blood suckers talk you in to that plasma giving bullshit. Man that hurt. Or was it something else. Whatever it was, they pumped saline back in to you, WITHOUT GIVING YOU A COOKIE! OK, so do it once and remember I warned ya. And for the record, I GOT KINKY AT SAM'S CLUB!