Monday, November 5, 2012

Startling Dream


I had a dream last night.  I've never had a dream feel so vividly real.  It startled me awake and then I started to cry.

I don't remember what I was dreaming about, but all of a sudden Abbytail was before me.  She walked up and sat down and her tail was wagging the way only Abby's tail would wag when she's fully sitting down.  Like it's still wagging even though the floor is there, it doesn't matter because it's curled up and her excitement cannot be contained. 

She was smiling with her mouth open and her tongue hanging out just a little.  Her eyes were bright and happy.  She looked like she felt good. 

I swear she was trying to tell me "everything is OK, momma, I'm good".  It startled me so much I woke myself up. 
I can't tell you how much I hope that's true.  My little guardian-angel-dog. 

We both miss her so much every day it's heart breaking.  I know in time it will get easier.  But for right now, it's anything but easy.


4 comments:

Mouse said...

I know how you feel. Just yesterday, a family member asked how Fatty was doing w/o Nalah, and I started to cry when I tried to answer them. Like you, I know the emotional response will get better over time, but the void is permanent. I'm glad you were able to see her happy and well in your dream.

Toddy said...

I wish I'll have that dream :(

Anonymous said...

I know I'm a hippie tree hugger but I truly believe moments like that mean something. Her spirit/energy/whatever you want to call it was making sure you knew she was okay and that she was still with you. I know you miss your girl but I hope it brought you comfort.

caseyoconnell said...

I think we're the closest to our true heaven when we are asleep, and I think you saw your beautiful Abbytail for real, and she saw beautiful you for real. And it was heaven for you both. (((HUG)))