Monday, January 21, 2013

Goodbye My Beloved Shadow

She has been an inspiration of strength and willpower.  Her determination has always been something I have admired time and time again.

She was our yellow lab that "came with the house".  She simply refused to go live anywhere else.  She chose us.  She willed us to love her, and love her we did.  We still do.

We taught her what it was like to be an indoor dog.  We taught her how to play, and to eat next to the other kids without being a glutton.  We taught her the joy of Christmas.  We taught her the meaning of family.  We taught her what it felt like to truly be loved.

May our beloved Shadow rest in peace and play with Abbytail in Heaven.  Godspeed my dear sweet beloved Shadow.

Shadow with her BFF, Beau the boxer
 
This is how I will remember Shadow.
Wiggling with all the delight a good back-wiggle can bring.

3 comments:

Toddy said...

Was a good dog. She should still be here.

Anonymous said...

I feel better knowing that Abbytail was waiting for her.

caseyoconnell said...

Oh no! I am so sorry. Reading this, I thought how beautiful it was that she was able to live and die in the home that she chose. You gave her what she loved, and then multiplied it by so much more.