Saturday, February 23, 2013

The End of February--It's Finally Here!

Happy Saturday!  I have several topics to share with you today.

Snowmageddon came this past week. We got 6-7 inches of snow on Thursday. That means I got to work from home 2 days and that means I got a lot done!  It was nice not going anywhere. But we need hamburger buns for tomorrow and I'm out of good ice cream!  Oh, the horror.   (I know my dad understands the tragedy)

Here are some pics from our snow adventures. 


Jessie hamming it up...
She jumped up at me as I was taking the picture
Priceless!
Joey... eating a little dirt with his snow

Keystone after he bathed his face in snow

 
Jessie loves finding sticks and leaves under the snow

Such a good looking boy, my Joey!

 

My boys digging and eating snow



I want to share some wonderfully tasty goodies we've recently found. They aren't healthy, so fair warning.

My very favorite discovery are these babies:

Cheesy Poofs of flavor explosions!


They are extra cheesy with a kick-in-the-pants-bite that bites you back.   I can't believe I like these.  I can't handle spicy.  I take two gaviscon before I eat them, and they are worth any heartburn I have to endure, or tears I have to shed to eat them.  They are that good and ADDICTIVE.  Don't try them if you don't want to love them.  Todd got them at Sam's.

Next up, a lovely local dairy gets all artsy and creative!  Have you ever seen prettier milk?  I think they had to milk a unicorn or something to get this wonderful stuff.

The blue milk is "Cotton Candy" flavored;
and the orange milk is "Orange Dream".
My favorite is the blue cotton candy.   Can't wait to try the root beer flavored milk.   I bet it's like a root beer float, mmmmmm.

Todd went to the store to get buns today so that we can have Sloppy Joe's tomorrow because it's finally time to START YOUR ENGINES!  It's the DAYTONA 500! 

The NASCAR dark period is finally over.  It's been so long since the last season ended last November.  I am so ready for this season to start.  I haven't kept up with who changed teams, or changed sponsors, or any of the usual confusion that happens for me at the beginning of a new season.  I just know I will be rooting for Carl.  And excited for Danica Patrick making the pole position for tomorrow's race.

Carl Edwards #99
This year's NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion...

I watched the Nationwide race today, and hope and pray the spectators are OK. There was a horrible wreck on the last lap. Such a scary situation. Several spectators are in the hospital, it's so sad. Makes me happy to watch from home. Eating my sloppy, sloppy Joe.

I can't end on that note, so I leave you with this cuteness:

Sleepy Joey
Sleepy Jessie

 

3 comments:

Mouse said...

I just love all the the puppy pictures! I've been so behind on blogs, that it's been a while since I commented, but I've been quietly enjoying all the cuteness!

Anonymous said...

You better hope your boy Carl has a better year this year. Marriage and kids haven't done him any favors! :) Gah, the wreck today was horrifying. Can't even imagine. All the same, I'm excited to bring on Daytona, baby!!!


Those pups slay me. Oh how I wish we could all have puppy sleepovers like the old days.

Toddy said...

Just remember they turn in to monsters at 4:30PM and 4:30AM