Saturday, March 2, 2013

There Goes The Rules

I remember back in the day, when Keystone and Abbytail were little.  We would never allow them on the couch unless one of us was holding them.  This was part of the discipline we used for them to learn the rules of the house.  They learned the rules fast.  There were no exceptions until they got much, much older.
 
One day in NV when my parents were there visiting us, my dad spoiled Keystone and had him up on his lap for pretty much their entire visit.  Technically not breaking the rules.  Then Amber got sick and we lost our precious Boo.  We decided the "kids" were adults then, and they can get on the couch any dang time they want.
 
As a matter of fact, I bought our current couch with Keystone in mind.  I chose the one I thought he would enjoy the most.
 
With the new kids, things are a bit different.  I've loosened up a lot.  I'm not quite so strict.  Maybe I'll give them an extra treat, and not sweat the small stuff so much.  We still have plenty of discipline, and plenty of rules.  We still have fun.  But now, we enjoy our couch.  Sorry Stones.
 
Jessie at the top of the pic, Joey at the bottom
 
Jessie completely relaxed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you're going to need another couch or there won't be anywhere for you 2-leggers to sit.