Thursday, May 9, 2013

I May As Well Open Them All! CDP Week

I am very glad that I joined DoingMyBest's Crappy Day Package exchange because frankly, I've needed it this week.

I've opened two lovely gifts.

The first CDP opening was Tuesday evening.  Because I simply did not have time to open one when my day was bad.  I had woken up Tuesday morning, was almost ready for work and found myself ahead of schedule.  That NEVER happens.  I even made coffee and drank a cup.  I know, I know!  I haven't had coffee in over a year.  I've started drinking it again, very sparingly.  Anyway, I walked into our master bathroom to finish getting ready.  I went to take a step, but my foot didn't make it.  Somehow there was an obstacle...  Joey had darted through my legs and trapped my foot from making it's customary and expected migration forward.  I started going dooooowwwnnnnn.  I think, ooooooh no--I can't fall on the puppy.  I will hurt him...  so I grabbed for the wall.  Whew, my hand landed on something.  But it didn't help.  My hand kept going down the wall WITH THE TOWEL RACK STILL FIRMLY GRASPED IN MY HAND.  I realized I have to just try to roll away from where I think Joey is.  My neck and head landed kind of against the glass shower door.  It smarted a little.

The good thing was, the dog bed caught my fall.  The very, very furry dog bed. 

Todd heard the commotion and fortunately came and rescued the dogs, because I don't know if I was more upset at being covered in dog hair while wearing what I wanted to wear to work that day, the fact that my neck hurt, OR the fact that I RIPPED THE TOWEL RACK off the wall.

I went to rest on the bed (OUR bed) to stop bawling my head off because it hurt and I'm pissed.  Todd told me he can fix the towel rack.  That helped a little.  I pulled myself together with the promise that I will open a package later that evening.

I was 15 minutes later to work than I expected.  Ooops.  Later that evening as promised, I opened two cute notebooks with purple pens.  Very lovely, worth the wait, and cheered me up.

And Wednesday was an even worse day, but I'll save that story for later.  I just can't go into it right now.  That evening, I opened a cute single-cupcake carrier so I can take my baked good on-the-go.  With accompanying cute cupcake papers!  I will have to whip up some cupcakes soon.  Thank you Mommyfeather

So how about some puppies to lighten up this happy-fest.
Joey, Keystone & Jessie (4/30/13)
My babies are growing up!
Jessie and Joey (3/19/13)
They look SO YOUNG!
Have a happy Friday!  And make it a non-CDP-opening-day.

2 comments:

caseyoconnell said...

I can see how that would be a day-ruining sort of event. Damn dogs--we love them, but there are just times...

I am planning on making a CDP package for a friend of mine this weekend. I think she could use one!

Anonymous said...

Twice this week I've needed a CDP but didn't have time to open one. That's a bad sign, isn't it?

So glad you didn't hurt yourself. Damn dogs.

I can't believe how big the pups are getting! How old are they? I forget their birthday.