Wednesday, May 11, 2011

An Ode To My Dear Old Friend, Shelly

I once found a dear friend named Shelly,
who has always had a tiny, flat belly*.

She talked me into riding the SCARIEST roller coaster,
and once she gave to me the rockin’-est NASCAR toaster**.

What a dear friend she will always be, she who loves DMB,
and created the insatiable beader that is me.

Ahhh, she is a hip looking 40-year-old with a very sassy wit,
she is family to me, and she even taught me to knit!

Happy 40th birthday kiddo, love ya!

*except when she was preggers, man was she huuuuge.
**Ok, it was NOT a toaster, it was a crock pot, but hey, the crock pot can "toast" meat!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Seuss, watch out!!!

Love it love it LOVE IT!

Thank you!! Can't wait to see you soon!

donna said...

What lovely poetry.

Can't wait to see you both soon!