Friday, May 13, 2011

Sort Of Diggin' It, Only Sort Of

Ever since we moved to NV, each year in May we drive to Dixon, CA to attend the Pin-A-Go-Go (PAGG) pinball festival. Most years I really get into it. The show I *really* enjoy is in Marin county, San Francisco in October where they have HUNDREDS of drop-dead gorgeous older and fully restored machines that I will gladly spend 2.5 days playing. I'm talking from the 1950's on up with wood rails (actually some much older than that, but the 50s start the era of Gottliebs I really enjoy). But PAGG is a much smaller show and it has lost it's luster for me. I wasn't here but for just an hour and I wanted to find a place to sit and play on my phone because there weren't that many exciting games here. Yes, I am a spoiled rotten little pinball mama with all the nice super fun games sitting in my own house. I believe pinball machines are what a formal dining room and formal living room were MEANT to be used for. (I only need ONE table, for crying out loud we are only two people and we don't use it to eat at half the time anyway.)

We are here the majority of the day tomorrow too and I'm just not digging it like I used to. I hope I am more in the mood to stand on hard concrete and play games tomorrow. Cause I don't really have a choice. The bad part is that the crowd will be horrendous tomorrow and right now I could get on any machine I want by just waiting a few minutes. Tomorrow my patience will be tested. I don't think I will be wanting to attend PAGG in the future. It would help if I had Mitch here to show me a new game I've never played before and teach me the strategy. I'm sure there is a gem in here, if only I could find it.

After I posted this, I had to make an edit. I DID just have a blast kickin' TWO mens' booties on Joker Poker.

2 comments:

MitchelWB said...

Wish I could be there. But I've been busy working on the new bowler. It is cool as all get out! We stood out in the driveway and drank beer and bowled with the neighbors tonite and had a blast. I'd tell you you should get a bowler, but Todd would just stack boxes on it.

Toddy said...

Oh, she got lucky. And she found a few too, like Seven Up. I've got a bowler already too, it's called a pool table!