Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pillars

I've always been blessed with a few really great friends who form the pillars of my support network. I don't consider myself as social, out-going, popular, or extroverted. I am naturally an introverted, quiet, reflective type of person. I prefer smaller groups so that I can have deeper, meaningful conversations vs. more polite pleasantry types of conversations with a large group. I don't have a million friends, but the ones I have, I hold dear and value highly. There may be months or even years that go by in which we each get busy and heads-down living our own lives, and then I will think of a memory or a trip we took, a place we ate, or something we did together. We can email or pick up the phone and the time between conversations melt away.

Even with the West being a more desolate place as far as making friends go, I know there are people thinking of me in other parts of the country, wishing me well. I treasure all of those friends (in the Midwest, South, in the East, and even a couple here in the West) like family, and am thankful to have them. They get me through the rough times, and they make the good times great. It is invaluable to have these pillars who support me. Through it all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MWAH!