Monday, June 3, 2013

Muffins, It's What's For Breakfast

I've been making "breakfast-in-a-muffin" lately.  I love that you can put a few pieces of thinly sliced ham, cheese, spices and an egg (in that order) in a large muffin tin, and have an all-in-one baked muffin-meal in 20+ minutes.  I made them when Tullybird was here.

Last weekend, I put in a flattened out biscuit in a large muffin tin, added cooked crumbled sausage or ground turkey (ONE of us was healthy) with taco spices, cheese, fresh spinach, salsa, an egg, and more cheese, then baked.  We had Mexican "breakfast" muffins.  I had one for leftover breakfast today, and it was still tasty.

Try it!  You can pretty much stick anything in a muffin tin, put an egg on it, and have a meal.  I highly recommend spraying the pan first.  No matter what.

My mom has gotten into the muffin-tin craze by baking cupcakes.  I can't wait for 4th of July to sample some of her goodies.  Since my breakfast muffins aren't very photogenic, I thought I'd share my moms cupcakes, which happen to be very photogenic.


I love the way the frosting is layered on in a random squiggly pattern at times, because it's all about the height!

Don't the strawberry cupcakes look divine?  I swear I can taste them.  The frosting looks like it would melt on your tongue.  And then there's this wonderful version of a cupcake from Heaven:

Check this one out:  Bananas, Peanuts, Cream Cheese.  What's not to LOVE?

I simply love her frosting to cake ratio.  

To quote my friend, Sam'sMom, who so eloquently stated:  
"Once you lick the frosting off a cupcake it becomes a muffin...and muffins are healthy. You're welcome."

3 comments:

Toddy said...

The Provel cheese was nice.

Stephanie said...

You should pass on to your mom...I made this cake as cupcakes, and they were devoured, and people are still talking about them weeks later. http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2008/08/chocolate-peanut-butter-cake/

T said...

OH MY STARS... chocolate and peanut butter. I'm an "ok" chocolate fan, but when you pair it with peanut butter, I'm the biggest fan. Mom has been sent the recipe!!! Thanks Stephanie!