Thursday, June 9, 2011

Good Times With Good Friends Make Life Fun

I enjoyed great food and great drinks in Vega$ with some great women. It was the perfect celebration of Shelly's 40th birthday!


It was a total blast of girl time, and just what I needed. We wore tiaras and pretty flower rings all weekend. We had tasty rum drinks at the rhumbar--the place we seemed to always gravitate towards regardless of the time of day or night. The tutanga drink was divine; complete with an orchid flower and a pineapple spear.


There was another drink with a wrinkly looking...well, I will let you decide what it looks like:

Thanks for modeling, Becky!

Thunder From Down Under was so hilarious that my voice was almost hoarse from laughing so hard. Initially, I was not crazy about the idea at all. However once we were there and I realized nobody was going to touch me, I relaxed and realized how funny the situation was. The women, oh the women, were SO loud and crazy that just people watching was the ultimate best! One boy dancing (I'm not referring to that male as a man since he was so young) thought he was so sexy pouring water over his head--I hysterically lost it when that happened, cause dude, that was a huge MISS on the whole sexy vibe. I remember that old lady sitting there and the kid took her glasses and mock-cleaned them with his wet shirt. OMG, can you hear me cackling at this very moment just remembering??? Oh, oh, and that one dance where the guy took that bride-to-be in the shiny silver dress on stage and danced around her to a ballad song. Cracked me UP!!! I was so happy it was not raunchy, and really funny. That was a highlight of the trip for me because I have never laughed so much in my entire life.

The other highlights for me were the food!

Crab bisque before:


And crab bisque after:



The Serendipity 3 waffle (Becky and I pretty much made this trip for two reasons: Shelly and this waffle):


The bananas foster (the bump in the middle inside the crepe is extra creamy vanilla ice cream, and the sauce is a homemade caramel I think I would walk over hot coals to eat):

The chicken & waffles the morning our happy group parted:


The other highlight was...Barry Manilow! Wow, who knew he still has it?!?

My one regret (besides committing drinking mistake 101 and mixing WAY too many kinds of alcohol on Saturday night because I swore each drink was the last one of the evening) was that Becky and I did not get our milkshakes at BLT. They had a beefy good juicy burger which is perfect for a hangover. I WOULD have had the Malibu Barbie milkshake (which included Malibu rum, vanilla ice cream, and toasted coconut). Next time...

That weekend just proves, tiaras make EVERYTHING better!  Donna, Shelly & Becky, Cheers to you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures! Miss you!!