Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Garden Is In!

Hope all the moms out there had a great day.  My mom is travelling, so I hope she had a safe and enjoyable day.  As enjoyable as it could have been, visiting a loved one in the hospital.

We worked our tushes off this weekend.  I cleaned like a madwoman for the visit of Tullybird.  I am SO. EXCITED. I have a "fun" agenda created for all that we are going to do, starting tomorrow late afternoon when she arrives.  I have plenty of drink and rest time built in.  I think.  Well, I know I have plenty of drink time built in.  And best of all, I have a designated driver lined up for her birthday dinner!  I know, SCORE, right?!!?!

After I cleaned like the Queen would be visiting, I made my way to the garden.  OH WHAT A GARDEN IT IS!  It's 20' X 80'.  That is FEET not INCHES.  This thing is HUUUUGE.  I'm very excited.  Todd worked hard to get the fence up.  I am nervous about not putting up chicken wire to keep out bunnies, but Todd is right.  We have no bunnies.  The dogs in the 'hood see to that.  So we are doing as the neighbors do, and not putting up chicken wire.  Still makes me nervous.  But it's the worms that are ruining some of our crops, not bunnies.

Would you care to guess how many plants I planted in the ground today?  Go ahead.  It took hours.  Just guess.  If you thought double-digits, you would be wrong.

101.

I planted 101 plants in the ground today.  That is why I will have consumed 3 Advil before retiring to sleep.  I hurt.  I hurt bad.  But it's good to see all these little guys in the ground.  See:

All our freshly planted babies (with aspari-guy in the foreground)

After planting, Todd and Stones toddled around spraying poison ivy.  Aren't they just adorable?
Keystone is the ultimate passenger.  In *any* kind of vehicle.  Truck, golf cart, wave runner...

Hope you have a great week.  I know I will!  I will be more active this week in posting about the yumminess consumed with Tullybird.  We have plans!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your garden is SO awesome and I am totally envious!

Even more awesome is Co-Pilot Keystone. He's such a dude!

Have fun with Tullybird. Call if you need bail money.

Anonyvox said...

Ooh, I am jealous of your lovely garden! I miss having those cute little plants in tidy lines. However, nothing ever manifested into edible sizes for me, so I decided to just go bury money in the backyard instead.

Mouse said...

What is it about a dog riding shot gun on anything that just gets me? I just don't know, but love it so.

You know how to can, right? Otherwise, what will you do w/ all that produce? I'm so envious. I can barely grow marigolds.

T said...

That is *true love*, Mrs. Irritation, thanks! ;-)

Keystone is the best passenger, he's unbelievable.

CORRECTION: The garden is 20'x60' not 80.