Sunday, May 27, 2012

Tullybird The Finale


I never wrapped up telling you about our vacation week when Tullybird was here.  We had a great time.  You know it's a sign of a good vacation when you don't want it to end.  We ate great food, drank wonderful drinks, and made some good memories.


We had pulled pork sandwiches for dinner and the next day for lunch.  I made homemade coleslaw and I eat it on my pulled pork sandwich, along with some extra dry rub spice and BBQ sauce. 
We love us some pork!


Here are the ingredients I use in my slaw--I don't measure so sorry that I can't give you a real recipe.  I just dump things into a shaker, shake it up, and pour over the veggies.

To:
  • shredded cabbage
  • carrots
  • broccoli slaw (really increases the crunch factor)
  • Small diced onion (any color but purple is best)
  • green scallions for color
Add the shaken up dressing made of:
  • Mayo
  • Sour cream (optional)
  • Ranch (not optional)
  • Caraway seeds
  • Celery seeds
  • Dill
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Apple cider vinegar (or any kind of vinegar but I wouldn't use balsamic)
  • Sugar
  • Dijon mustard (just one small squirt)
If its not tangy enough, add vinegar.  If its bland, add sugar and more spices and maybe vinegar.  It should be sweet and sour.  I think that is everything I use!

We also had a Z-man sandwich at Oklahoma Joe's.  It was outta this world!
Brisket sandwich with provolone cheese, 2 onion rings and
their wicked awesome BBQ sauce.  And a pickle.


We also went to Chipotle.  She had never been there and had a bowl with chicken.
The best Mexican fast-food ever.  Bar none!
We had drinks by the bonfire one night.  That was a great time.  I LOVE that we can do this on our land!




We had pedi's.  Since I'm in the garden these days, I went with brown this time.  Tullybird usually chooses a green shade.  They do great flowers where we went!


  
Todd taught Shadow how to eat corn OFF the cob!  Keystone showed her how.  He can do this and get everything off without nipping Todd.  Shadow has to work on being a little more gentle.  Abby isn't real interested in trying.  Video of this coming soon. It's such a hoot, it will be it's own post.
Have you EVER seen a dog eat the corn off the cob?  Well you have now!
Our big night on the town was for Tullybird's 42nd birthday!  We went to Boudreaux's Louisiana Seafood & Steaks to celebrate. 
I always get this wonderful fish dish.  Pescado al something--stupid name. 
There is a piece of seared white fish under gooey cheese and a delicious
cream sauce with peppers and all kinds of seafood!  AWESOME!!!!!
Pearl Divers:  Malibu Rum, Midori, Peach Schnapps, Pineapple juice = HEAVEN!

T & Tullybird!
Todd made an impressive pork wellington for our last dinner together. It was really tasty. And it was even good left-over too!


After dinner, we had girl time!  Watched a chick flick, drank Kinky & Sprite, ate more cupcakes, and had a fresh face mask compliments of LUSH.  What a fun evening!
Scary Faces
I had to take a picture of all the ingredients we drank.  We agreed the best was the PB&J, grape juice & Sprite.  We'll keep that one on the menu for next time. 


She's planning on coming back next year--let me know if anyone else wants to join our fun!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun!! I cannot wait to try PB&J vodka - it will be at the top of my shopping list next time I go to the liquor store.

Mouse said...

Love the toes! Love puppies eating corn off the cob! Love the girl time! Well done, Ladies.