Saturday, August 13, 2011

Getting There

Quick Update: We are making great progress getting things ready for The Great Migration Back To The Midwest. When I got here, I was in a state of shock. There are paths through most rooms by which you can pass to get to the next room, but Geez. I had no idea how bad it would be. I got over it by the next day and actually enjoy seeing everything ready to be packed and loaded up. It's like everything is ready to "get home"!

I was confused as usual my first morning that I woke up and thought, "who are all these people in my bed?", teehee. I could hear Abby and Todd softly snoring. Then I thought, this is how it should be every morning.

I am exhausted from all this manual labor, but not to fear that I will waste away to nothing. Quite the opposite actually. We are eating at some of my favorite places. We have been to Spicy Pickle and M&M Fish & Chicken shack where I tried "greens" for the first time and LOVED them! We will be going to In-N-Out, The Lake, Albita's for Mexican, Jim Boy's for Mexican, and possibly Pinnochio's. These are all places I really enjoy, but the dishes I love the most we will recreate. Except for In-N-Out, which I will seek out whenever we travel. There is nothing better for comfort food than a hamburger "animal style", fries "light" so they aren't crispy matchsticks, and a neopolitan milkshake. Seems like there is a restaurant that I am forgetting about visiting, but I'm not worried. We have a way longer list to visit in KC.

Cheers to a quick and easy move "home"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some day I'm going to have a burger animal style!

Enjoy your last few days!!