Saturday, August 20, 2011

New Dreams

I find it interesting that my goals in life have changed. Not just minor goals, such as making a new recipe, going on a trip, or running a race. Major life aspirations are really to what I am referring. I just said goodbye to my "dream home". A house I thought I'd never have until I retire. A house so perfect in so many ways for us. I didn't actually say goodbye; I sped off into the distant horizon like my tail was on fire and didn't bother looking back. I'm not upset about leaving it because my dream changed.

I am so happy that I am OK with not having my "old" dream anymore. I don't care that I won't have granite counters or stucco siding or live in a big city. Our new place is going to be perfect because we are going to be happy there. All 4 of us + the future puppy + the chickens. We will have a huge garden, and we will have Italian cooking night, and life will be good again. We will be able to see friends and family. We will make a great new home for ourselves, and that thought makes me content. And crazy happy.

No comments: