Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Why Am I Holding On To This STUFF?!?

I have never worked this hard before in my life. Ever. This move has shown me how much STUFF we still have and don't need. I knew we were packed with stuff, just because it was jam packed to overflowing almost everywhere. I will continue my purge-routine well into our new home. Who needs this much STUFF anyway?

I have stuff from my childhood. A pencil shaped plastic pencil keeper with a zipper around the top from Florida (I remember that trip: the electricity in the restaurant went off during a hurricane and then later we were all huddled in the camping lot bathroom and I kept thinking there are MEN in the *ladies* bathroom). And I have a stuffed dolphin from the same car trip. I have a cheesy little purse my mom & dad brought back from their first trip to Las Vega$. I STILL HAVE MY TOOTH FAIRY PILLOW PEOPLE!!! Why am I hanging on to this crap? Nostalgia and memories from my childhood, I guess. I admit it, I had the best childhood ever, and I am very lucky. But hanging onto this crap doesn't make my childhood any more or less memorable. It's just cluttering up my life and collecting some serious NV dust. It's time for me to get rid of this Barbie doll. Even if it does remind me of playing with my Aunt Janet. Which I SO LOVED to do with the intensity of a thousand suns.