Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Fam

I promised that I would post pictures of our new furry family members--here they are, finally.

This is Shadow (AKA Chateau), a strong-willed, independent, bull-headed, huntress of any rodent-type of creature on our land.  She refused to live anywhere else, and demanded that we accept her.  Darn good thing she's cute.  Cause we caved.  Who wouldn't love this wonderful, intelligent, good-looking and endearing dog?!?
She has never had it so good.  Love, toys, treats, dog beds, food, and a nice warm place to sleep every night.  She's got it made!

Her "sister" has been missing her like crazy lately, so Nyla has been staying over every once in awhile when the doors are open and she walks right in.  Or rather, we can't get her to leave to go back to her new home.  She simply refuses to move at times.  She is a very affectionate boxer, so full of desire to be accepted and loved.  So we love enjoying her impromptu visits.  Here is Nyla, feeling right at home:

Here is a recent picture of Abbytail:

And a goofy picture of Keystone:

This is what our living room often looks like:

And here is my favorite room, the kitchen.  I put the finishing touches up yesterday with the old glass jars on top of the cabinets with rope lights.  It's hard to see in this picture, but the uplighting is pretty cool at night.  Half of my jars are empty and I need to find dried food to fill them, but I'll get to it soon.  The cabinets above our fridge do not have a plug in, so I don't have lights up there, yet.

So there you have it, that's our family and a picture of the house.  The only room I find acceptable yet to post a picture.  I'll share my day today soon, my birthday included a trip to the pumpkin patch.  Something I don't remember if I ever really did in the past.  I think I visited a patch once, but it was just a pile of pumpkins, and nothing really exciting that I remember.  Today was a good trip and a good visit with friends--it was a good birthday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should santa count 3 or 4 children in the household? Dang sing-in won't let me post under Tullybird. AAhhhh!!!!

TRICIA said...

Time to update your profile to reflect the new furry kids.

Toddy said...

The kitchen looks very good baby, nice touch on the lights.