Thursday, October 6, 2011

Only Missing A Few People

The things I miss about Nevada, in no particular order:











....crickets chirping....















Ok, there are a COUPLE of things I actually do miss.  Errr, rather, people.  Who/what I miss:

Tric (my B&B bud, the best friendship I made that will persevere through a cross-country move)
Amy (worlds BEST mail carrier and overall generally awesome person)
Camping trips with George & Sue (they introduced different parts of CA to us and our dogs loved the hikes)
Friday nights with Greg = perfect trade off, we cook & he fixes a pinball machine!
Mountain biking with Ayla (never would have survived my lay-off without these therapy sessions)
Driving around a town with mountain ranges around the perimeter (but who really needs it?!?)
Cactus Creek prime rib, seafood dishes, and pomegranate martinis (we can imitate at home)
No ticks, fleas, chiggers, poison ivy, or bugs in general (probably because life was not meant to thrive or even struggle there...)
Eboni at Massage Envy  (OMG do my shoulders miss that woman!)
How dog-friendly the West is...  I could take my dogs to Home Depot, and it was not a STRANGE occurrence.  You could take your furry canine companion to any store that didn't sell food.  Imagine that in the Midwest, HA!

Some notable mentions that we enjoyed:
Jim Boy's Mexican food -- first place I ever ate at on my first trip there.  (I admit it, I miss Del Taco and El Pollo Loco too.)
Albeta's Mexican food -- best crispy tacos in town.
Black Rock Pizza -- the first restaurant we ever ate at on our first trip there together.
The Lakeside Grill -- breakfast tostada and egg's Benedict.

Sadly this is a pretty short list, but I am sure I am forgetting important stuff.  Just wanted to document this stuff here so I can look back and remember the good stuff.  For all of 4.5 years, the list should be longer, but at least it's high in quality.

1 comment:

TRICIA said...

You are the best thing "Hell" offered up in these many years. Thank goodness for special projects.