Sunday, February 20, 2011

Booze & Beads, Episode 3

The first Sprint cup NASCAR race of 2011, the Daytona 500, was accompanied by the 3rd episode of Booze & Beads.  Unfortunately, I was not feeling particularly creative today.  I could not commit to one project on which to work.  So I ended up getting nothing created.  However I did manage to take better pics of a few new pieces you have not seen yet.  And what WAS I thinking?  Tric brought all her lovely projects over, and I should have been snapping pictures.  She has grown her skills in beading, and has quite the collection of lovelies to wear.

Here are a few items I have recently made:



Closer up of the set above (square stones in round circles):



Today's beverage is what I call The Kitchen Sink.  Cause it just had a little bit of everything thrown into the pitcher.  It tasted somewhat like a Sex On The Beach or a Bahama Mama, it was fruity and tasty.


The Kitchen Sink:
About 2.5 parts Orange Juice
About 2 parts Pineapple Juice
About 1 part of the following:
  • Peach Schnapps
  • Malibu Rum
  • Grape Vodka
  • Midori liquor
  • Grenadine (maybe a little less than half a part)
Mix it all up and take it for a spin around the track!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you drank from a NASCAR glass!

Love those first earrings. Are they pink or purple? They look pink here but it's always so hard to tell.

Toddy said...

The best part was using up bottles of some of this stuff that's been untouched for 6 years!!! DO NOT REPLACE!

TRICIA said...

I enjoyed watching my first Nascar race. The wrecks and ending were all very exciting. I was equally as uncreative, but enjoyed spending time with you and Todd. The kitchen sink was delicious as well and the chili!!!! I'll post pics of my pieces on my blog in the near future.

T said...

The earrings are indeed pink! I know, it's tricky with pic's sometimes. I couldn't find my Daytona 500 glass, so I made this one work.

Todd, I bought every bottle that we used yesterday since we've been here. That would be about 3.5 years of purgatory. No more peach schnapps, no more grape vodka. Still have another Malibu rum (always on hand!) and a spare Midori...