Saturday, February 19, 2011

Eeewwwww That Smell

I am sensitive to scents.  I stopped wearing perfume about 15 years ago.  Todd became a little sensitive as well and he stopped wearing cologne.  I don't know why we both became sensitive.  I developed allergies late in life which did not help.

I hate smelly-old-lady-perfume with a PAAAASHION.  Anything with a floral smell makes me nauseous.  If it is particularly strong, I can actually become physically ill.  Remember how I really miss Hobby Lobby?  I missed it even more today.  I went to Michael's.  I had to use the bathroom.  I went into said bathroom. Big. Mistake.  But I really had to go.  So I went.  They have an automated air freshener and it SPRAYED while I was in there and I thought I was going to gag.  I got the hell out of there.  I started not feeling well and drove straight home.  I had the windows down with the heater on full blast (it's cold here right now).  When I got home, I headed straight for the bathroom.  I almost lost my cookies. Twice.  I then took a shower and washed my hair. Twice.  Then I did a sinus rinse, and brushed my teeth.  I finally felt like my head was not full of that horrifying smell.  I'm tellin ya, it was bad.  If I never smell perfume again, I would be one happy camper.  Especially the old lady flowery kind.

In happier news, tomorrow is the start of the 2011 Sprint NASCAR season, Daytona 500 baby!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, but you'll smell the chocolate river all damn day long!!!

:)

What a freaky race.

T said...

Oh yes, happily I will!

Who would have bet on a rookie?!? Didja see Carl? In 2nd place!?!? 8-)

Toddy said...

I thought ya smelled pretty tasty!