Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Miscellaneous Ramblings

I can NOT wait for SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!  Do you know what Sunday is, boys and girls?  IT'S THE FIRST REAL SPRINT CUP RACE OF THE 2011 SEASON, that's what!  Pull those straps down tight, we're going racin'!!!  It's just 5 days away....

My "nephew" or something like that cause he's NOT my brother, (he's the child of my parents) Lucky is doing well after knee surgery.  But he looks kind of sad with his shaved butt.  Thought I'd share.  He's a good boy.  I feel for him going through this, and I feel for my parents.  He's doing really well though.  We sent a get-well gift and wish all the best for his recovery.



We are "supposed" to get snow tonight.  I will believe it when I see it!  We've gotten nothing, while all our family and a lot of friends have gotten FEET of the white cold powdery stuff.  I want lots of snow!  That means I can work from home and don't have to face a horrible commute into work.  But no, I have to drive in, day after day.  Here's the snow in Oklahoma, with my other "nephew" Bud.  You have no idea how badly I want to be there with Todd and the kids.  To go run around and play in that snow, then come in and drink hot cocoa.  I didn't get that this year.  Or last year.  We dearly love playing in the stuff.  There is nothing more exciting than waking up to a lot of snow and watching the kids run out in it for the first time.  Fun times.  Maybe next year.  Maybe tomorrow.  Ha.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boogity Boogity Boogity!

Did you see they're doing a lap of silence on Lap 3 and asking everyone to hold up three fingers?

T said...

I did not know that! And Jr. is now at the back.

I read the Stratosphere is dimming their lights in honor. Wouldn't want to be on the roller coaster.

Toddy said...

Hey! We got some snow. Too bad it's on the slushy side.