Saturday, June 11, 2011

Booze & Beads, Episode 5: No Tears Allowed Edition!

Welcome to episode 5 of Booze & Beads.  I think this is the sad edition.  Well, it will be more sad next time, if we can have one more.  And I am determined to do just that.  We are in the process of moving from NV to MO and so happy to be getting back to the Midwest where we belong.  It is bittersweet though because we have a few close friends we will miss dearly.

I know what it's like when someone really important in your life moves on by moving away.  That does not mean that you'll never see them again.  It just means things change.

I remember when Shelly left KC to go to FL and I bawled my head off for several days.  I remember to this day her & R walking out of our house when they had to go.  Dammit, I just found her and then she had to go.  Little did I know that I would see her many more times for many special occasions.  Damn if it isn't the hardest thing I have to do every time I have to say bye to her.

Then I had to leave Suzie when we moved from KC to NV.  I remember pulling out of the driveway all Clampet-style towing our trailer and crap strapped to the roof of the Excursion.  It was very sad leaving her & K & the hood, especially with her being all pregnant.  That was a time of change for everybody.

Now I have to leave Tric soon, and it's going to be very sad.  BUT, she will come visit and we KNOW that, so it makes it easier at least for me, knowing this isn't goodbye forever, it's just so-long-for-now.  So we can't have quantity time, but we can sure have quality time.

Back to the B&B topic.  Last night we made a few nice pieces of jewelry after we ate ribs and Todd's awesome surprise-beans (it's always a guessing game as to what kind of yummy mystery meat he used--tonight was char-grilled hot dogs).  We didn't have a specialty drink of the evening since we are trying to decrease our booze collection.  Tricia rocked the pinball game of Majorettes--such an awesome game, but that is a topic for another post at another time.  It was a fun evening!

And now for pics:

Tric made this awesome set.

I made this set.  I have been attracted to orange lately.

And now for a pic of us.  Yes, I have my eyes closed like a dork.

Happy Beading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh pretties!