Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Finally

It has been a looooong 4.5 years almost to the day.  I started working in Nevada 4.5 years ago.  It took my hubby and dogs 7 months to get here when I transitioned from KS to NV, and I thought I would lose my mind during that time without them.  It broke my heart to come "home" to an empty place with no welcoming committee.  It was way too long to live without my family.  This time will be different.  We will be together MUCH sooner this time.

In so many ways, the first 3.5 years felt like 10.  I did nothing but work, and although I had tons of vacation saved, I felt like I could take none of it.  Why did I do that to myself?  It was totally my fault.  That was just crazy.  I should have been selfish and used my time for us, but yet I wasn't and I didn't.  That part sucked.  There were so many places I wanted to go see on the West coast.  #1 was Yosemite.  I'm not going right now, that's just crazy talk with school being out for the summer.  #2 was to go see the big redwoods in CA.  #3 was Crater Lake, a dream we've had for over a decade.  We did none of it.  And it's OK, it really is.  I am OK with the fact that we didn't take advantage of the fact that we didn't fly to Hawaii with it being so close.  I just want to get back "home" where I have a satisfied feeling of fulfillment and contentment.  The last year has been filled with worry about finding a job, then worrying about not having a big enough job.

Tomorrow is my last day of going to work in NV.  I am beyond giddy with excitement to never HAVE to make that hideous drive again.  With road construction and accidents, it has been horrendous.  But that is a very minor detail.  I am more excited about what our future holds in MO.  I will have friends and family in close proximity, a shorter commute to work, less worry about having a mega-mortgage, and a job with endless possibilities for growth and opportunities.  All changes for the better, and chickens.  Y'all, I can't wait to have chickens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled both of you can be happy again!

Toddy said...

And it really will not take so long to get back, I know it!! Less ties, less crap to wrap up, less to pack, less to do. I predict 2 more months.