Saturday, June 25, 2011

Something New; Foods I've Missed; And Winner Of Pay It Forward

Forgive any typos in the following post. I don't have a spell check feature on my iPad. Maybe Apple fans are naturally expected to be perfect?

As for something new, I got to do something for the very first time last night. I got to read bedtime stories to a beautiful little girl. She snuggled right up to me! I love this Aunt T thing.

As for food that I have missed in the KC metro area, I've already had:
. Minsky's pizza (meat lovers with strips of bacon, and the white cheese garlic one)
. Z-man at Oklahoma Joe's
. Custard at Culver's (the flavor of the day was vanilla custard with cherries and crunchy toasted salted pecans)
. Chipotle (guacamole, need I say more?)

Next on my list will be:
. Breakfast at ALL kinds of Mexican places all over the place
. Mixing my own flavor combination of refreshing beverages at Quick-Trip (both cappucino/coffee in the morning and a soda in the afternoon)
. Lamars doughnuts (chocolate-covered vanilla-pudding filled)
. La Bodega tapas (blue cheese covered steak and BBQ dates wrapped in pancetta)
. Sheridan's custard (butter pecan concrete)
. Cascone's Italian restaurant (chicken spedini)
. That other Italian place downtown with the pasta dish called the 3-way that weighs POUNDS with a big huge meatball and provelle cheese.
. Mi Cocina
. Schlotzkys
. Ponaks for that white cheese dip/sauce and guacamole
. Teller's in Lawrence (stuffed mushrooms)
. Braum's (in Oklahoma, cheeseburger and German chocolate sundae)

Can't wait to try:
. 5 Brothers
. BBQ all over the area--so many places we never tried because 1) I was not that big on meat, lemme tell you how times have changed!!!! And 2) it always seemed so much better at home. While I prefer Todd's pulled pork over anyone else's, I need to broaden my BBQ horizon.
. The Peanut. I've never been to either one of them.

I know there are places Todd will add to the list. Can't wait for him to get here. I'm hungry!

And noooooooow, the winner of my contest. Since there were only TWO participants, the odds were 50/50 (I'm brilliant, I know). The lucky winner is Mrs. Irritation!:

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:

1
Timestamp: 2011-06-26 04:17:11 UTC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you've made me hungry! I'm not a huge donut fan, but Lamars..... & I miss Ponaks and Panzons with the fire of 1000 suns!

Thanks for picking me. No hurry...

Toddy said...

Am I late?

I've got a list a mile wide, but you suck cause you're already EATING there! What will we miss here? Not a lot. Cactus Creek prime rib for sure. Jim Boys. I'll miss grocery store cheap food but maybe it's the same there these days. I'm ready to go to Houston's some time