Friday, June 17, 2011

I'm So Tired

I'm really exhausted.  There are reasons for this.  We get up early every day and we work on stuff around the house related to getting it on the market or the move every minute of the day until we sit down for dinner.  Then I'm ready to go to sleep for a good solid 12 hours.  Ha.

That could NEVER happen.  Not  in this neighborhood.  Not with the windows open.  It just turned warm here over the past week.  It's not blazing-hot-summer here yet like it is across most of the rest of the country.  I think it broke 90 once this past week, and that felt like a massive heatwave.  It was nothing to turn the A/C on for, but it made me think about thinking about it soon.  So we have the windows open over night, and that cools our easy-bake-oven-of-a-house.

Except when karma decides to go all medieval on my ass.  Here is the schedule for yesterday:  1) dog RIGHT next door outside my bedroom window goes all Cujo at 6:53am.  NOT the way I intended to wake up.  Apparently it cared that there was a stray dog milling about driving the first dog mad with jealousy that he isn't free too.  2) the damn rat terrier up the hill decides to bark it's head off last night at 10:30pm when it's stupid owner let's it out.  It's barking for several minutes because I had time to wake from my deep sleep I had drifted into at 10:00pm, walk out to the edge of my patio, and scream at it, TWICE.  I unfortunately woke up Todd and probably several other neighbors, and for that I am sincerely sorry.  The positive is that bitch heard me scream "IT'S-TEEEEEN-THIRTY!!" TWICE.  I KNOW she heard me because she had just said "Petey get in here" in a much more quiet voice than I was using.  I was so worked up I swear I didn't get back to sleep until 3am.

Oh, oh, and then today?  Here's today's schedule:  1) 5:00am, momma and papa birds decide to feed a nest of a billion chirping baby birds I swore were right above my head.  At least that  eventually quiets down, and I know eventually the babies will fly the coop; however I will have flown this coop much earlier.  Much to my delight I wont have to stick around and wait for them to fly away first although if all this dog-barking was not going on, I would have WAY more patience with the birds.  I like birds.  I like dogs.  I hate bad dog owners.  And then?  2) dog RIGHT next door outside my bedroom window does this whimper/whine/bark thing at 6:00am.  Just once.  Next on my schedule?  Call the bitch-neighbor's husband and give him an ultimatum.  They put the damn dog out earlier, say 9:45pm and bring it in prior to 10:00pm, or there is going to be an uprising the likes of which he has not seen before.  His choice.

Good morning... or is it?

No comments: