Sunday, November 27, 2011

Monkey Bread 2011

And now for the unveiling of this year's Thanksgiving Monkey Bread. 


Drum roll please...


Before picture:


Thanksgiving morning after it had risen (and prior to the drama*):
And finally, the baked result
(notice there is kind of a "hole" towards the bottom*):




It was a good one this year, however my intent was to make half a batch.  I made ham-scrambled-eggs mid-morning, so I didn't want monkey bread to fill us up completely.  Little did I know that this "half batch" grew into a full batch.  So my stickiness was a little less than what I would have liked.  I love extra gooey-ness, and it just wasn't meant to be this year.  It was just barely gooey enough, which is still good.


*The drama with this year's monkey bread had to do with a furry little 4-legged yellow monkey.  Named Shadow.  Who has NO MANNERS.  And is learning the rules of the house by trial-and-error. 


On Thanksgiving morning, Shadow learned by error.  She thought the monkey bread looked irresistibly tasty.  Before it was baked, and sitting innocently on the cook top.  It was just sitting there, patiently waiting for the oven to heat up.  It was minding it's own bees-wax, when all of a sudden, Shadow reached up and took a bite. 


Fortunately my mom walked in right as the unspeakable event was occurring, and from her reaction, I knew immediately what had happened.  I ran to the kitchen like my pants were on fire and loudly reprimanded Shadow, and she was banished to the outside for the rest of the day.  Lucky it was unseasonably hot that day.  Little shit.  I pulled out all the buns around that "hole", and made the hole bigger, but at least I knew we wouldn't be eating after her.  That little shit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least she didn't eat more than that. We knew someone with a dog who ate a loaf of bread dough that was defrosting and had to have surgery b/c once in the warmth of the dog stomach, it expanded rapidly.

Your monkey bread looks delish!

TRICIA said...

Even with Shadow's contribution that is some mighty good looking monkey bread.