Sunday, November 27, 2011

Say Cheeeeseburger

Much to his demise, I insisted that Todd sit for a few minutes to endure the dreaded FAMILY PHOTO.  You would have thought that I had asked him to run a marathon or give up beer for a week, or something that requires tremendous self discipline.  I actually had to bitch up a storm for MINUTES to get him to consent.

I knew it was the perfect opportunity this weekend, because: a) we had someone here to take the photo, b) he had shaved and showered, and c) it was the time, if I have any hope of ordering cards in time to receive and address them, in order to get them in the mail prior to 12/24.  Plus, I actually won a contest (which so rarely happens) and will receive some free cards!  That was real incentive to get things done on time this year instead of at the last minute.

Every year, I expect the photo shoot to be a fun, delightful experience.  Why haven't I learned by now?  Taking a "family photo" includes our furry family members.  As big of a ham* as Keystone is, you'd think getting a smile out of him would be easy.  He was less than amused.  Abbytail is usually the sulking one, not interested in looking Happy. At. All.  But no, Abbytail was her happy little self, and Keystone was almost a disaster.  Todd actually looks happy, despite his protest.  I am happy to say that there is ONE picture that I can put on the front of our cards this year.  To be revealed later...

Now, for your amusement, this is what we really looked like:



 *Keystone IS a big ham, but not as BIG of a HAM as his brother / my god-dog-son Baxter!  Baxter is the biggest, beloved picture-whore ever.  He really could be a dog model.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the finished product!

I tried to get some pics of The Ham this weekend after he was looking particularly handsome after visiting the groomer this week. Mostly all I got was pathetic looks from him.

Mouse said...

Puppy pics are my favorite and this one made me giggle out loud.