Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Speaking Of Gardens

As an experiment about a month ago, I planted broccoli, 2 kinds of lettuce, carrots, 2 kinds of radishes, and a couple of other things.  These are cold crops.  I'm very late in getting the seeds planted, but hey, it's an experiment.  Fast forward a month and...

We have BABIES!!!  I have little green sprouts.  The broccoli and both kinds of radishes sprouted.  I think I see carrots too.  Who knows if they will survive the "cold" we get tonight, but I think they will be just fine.  If we can craft some kind of cold frame before it gets super cold, we'll be chowing down on the rabbit food in a few months.  Maybe before Christmas?!?!!

And if it all dies, at least I tried.  I'll just call it "practice" for this early spring.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just in time to get frost bite!

(fingers crossed this comment works....)

Anonymous said...

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Toddy said...

Radish!