Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving & 1 Year For Me

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

It was 1 year ago that I decided to jump into the blogWorld with my very first post.  I have enjoyed the past year.  I think back to that Thanksgiving and how things have changed; and for the better for us.  The past year has been rough, but thankfully (tee hee) it's behind us and we are both happier these days.  The move cross country was stressful, but so worth it.


Why do I love Thanksgiving?


1.  A very special meal with new experiments & lifelong traditions:
  • Dried corn is an old tradition in Todd's family
  • Cold Duck is a retired tradition -- Todd used to have a sip of this with Thanksgiving dinner throughout his childhood
  • Cornbread sausage stuffing with craisins and pecans (when my parents are here)
  • Brine turkey which Todd has perfected (sooooooo moist) and his gravy (soooooo good)
  • Monkey Bread for breakfast!  This is a tradition I established years ago -- today's monkey bread blog coming soon
  • Todd has added homemade buns to our feast
  • Things I can't even remember at the moment...

2.  It's like Christmas only better without the stress of:
  • Finding the right gifts.
  • Buying the gifts.
  • Wrapping the gifts.
  • Sending/delivering the gifts.
  • Plus?  We have more of everything than we could possibly ever need so why not just anticipate a celebratory feast...

3.  Family:
My mom (in blue) and her sisters and brothers

Hope your Thanksgiving is a happy one!

No comments: