Saturday, August 25, 2012

My Big Stay-cation Goal

Quick update on Abby--she's doing well.  New meds are doing great.  No more puking, and she's eating with gusto.  All is going very well.  She's getting stronger and back to normal.

If you recall, I'm staying home on vacation.  I've got a list of goals as long as my arm, prioritized in the order I hope to accomplish them.  We'll see.  The main goal is almost finished!
 
 
These walls are pastel SEMI GLOSS pink.  PINK!!!  So not my color.
I've had some help along the way.  This room took TWO AND A HALF DAYS OF PREPARATION before I could even crack open a can of paint.  TWO AND A HALF!  You'd think they let their 8 year old son paint these walls as bad as they were.  And they must have bought rollers on clearance, complete with "extra lint".  Geez. 

He's such a good helper!

He's also a great helper.  Look how that tarp isn't moving AT ALL!

And now, the (almost) finished project.  It has been one year last Friday since we moved into this house.  We've both HATED with a passion the color of the bedroom walls, and FINALLY, they feel like ours.

The steps aren't actually for me, but Keystone used them once.
VIOLA!  No more pink.  LIFE IS GOOD IN GREEN.

Todd has told me multiple times how much he loves the color.  SCORE!  I chose wisely on the paint.  So happy.  I always have a seed of doubt when selecting a color.  Will it be too dark, or too light, or too yellow, or too blue?  This time is perfection.  I used the Behr paint with primer built in.  I had to do 3 coats of paint, which I expected to get the saturation I wanted.  I could have lived with 2 coats, but that's what the last owners would have done.  Not me, I went all out and did 3.  It's exactly what I wanted.  I found the perfect new set of sheets and blankets and fun new pillow too.

I love the new color, and pictures/mirror on the walls will be spectacular.
Finally, it feels like OUR room.  Instead of some hideous pink FAIL in decorating.  I can laugh about it now.  Tomorrow, I will place art on the walls and put the rest of the cover plates in place.  It's finally home!


 

3 comments:

Mouse said...

So glad Abby is doing better! Whew!

Love, love, LOVE the green! Just love it. It's my favorite color, too.

TRICIA said...

Go Abby go!!!! The green chair in the corner is to die for. I want it SO BAD!!!!!! Looks amazeballs!!!!! You did a great job!!!!

T said...

I knew someone would notice my amazing retro chair/ottoman in the corner! I love my chair/ottoman and now it fits in our green room!