Saturday, August 18, 2012

Welcome To My Vacation

Hello, and happy Saturday!  I have all kinds of great news.

Last night we had a couple of friends from Salt Lake City, UT stay over on their commute across the country.  They had visited us in NV, so when they realized we were right on their way through MO, they just had to stop by and spend the night.  They are dog-parents too, so their little 5 pound dog got to play with some new toys!

Todd made the most delicious pulled pork I think I've ever tasted for dinner.  We played some pinball in the basement last night.  Had a few drinks.  And this morning, I made ham&egg cups that were pretty tasty.  They were basically single-serving omelets. 

Here is the recipe for the Berry Special Lemonade we enjoyed last night.

3 parts berry lemonade
1 part Cherry Vodka
1 part Citrus Vodka
1 part Sprite or Sierra Mist

Depending on how much lemonade and lemon-lime soda you mix in, you can feel pretty mellow in no time at all.

Today starts DAY ONE of my vacation!  Since we've had quite a few vet bills lately, we didn't really want to go anywhere this year.  Actually, that's not true.  We wanted to drive to PA to see family, but with the illnesses and other stuff, we just couldn't make it this year.  So it's a stay-cation for me!  Goal one:  PAINT THE HIDEOUS SEMI-GLOSS LIGHT BABY PINK MASTER BEDROOM WALLS.  Seriously, what were they thinking.  Semi-Gloss.  PINK.  In the MASTER of all rooms.  That woman was crazy who lived here before us.  And that man must have lost a serious bet.

I have many other goals:  clean up some areas of clutter that we've never really unpacked.  Do some decorating that I've been wanting to do but never made the effort.  Plant some plants needing to get into the ground.  And enjoy my family.  OH, oh, and there is ONE place I want to visit.  The hottest, coolest place in Kansas.  If we go, I'll tell you all about it.

And now for the BEST NEWS EVER!  I got a new job.  It's an internal lateral move, but I am SO EXCITED.  I didn't even know the job was open.  Someone told me to go look at it, because it was "perfect" for me.  I'll be darned if it wasn't just perfect.  In less than a week, I am making plans to transition to something new.  To work for a woman who is amazing.  In an area led by another amazing woman.  I am also excited about the job I will be doing.  And we have a business trip coming up this fall.  To Vienna!!!!  Yesterday, I submitted my paperwork for my passport!  I still can't believe it.  If I wake up and this is all a dream, just let me keep sleeping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your vacation!!

I am so proud of you and your new job!!! VIENNA??! Can I come, too?