Sunday, October 28, 2012

Easy 3-Ingredient Pumpkin Chip Cakies

This time of year gets me in the mood to bake something pumpkin-ish.  The typical pumpkin-dump-cake would be great, but I really didn't want to use 2 to 4 eggs along with 1 or 2 sticks of butter plus a ~cup of sugar.  Would I love it?  Yes.  Would I eat the entire thing?  OF COURSE. 

All the recipes on the Internet were looking like variations of the same thing.  Then I saw a recipe for a cake that had 2 ingredients.  Just the inspiration I was searching to find!  Then I decided to do my own thing.  Maybe it would work, maybe it wouldn't...


These are even somewhat healthy!  Or rather, they are healthier than the
pumpkin-dump-cake recipes littered all over the 'net.

Easy 3-Ingredient Pumpkin Chip Cakies*

*What's a "cakie"?  It's a cake-like cookie, or a cookie-like cake.  Did I just make that up?  Mmmm, maybe.
1 box cake mix (white, yellow, spice)
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
Optional: chocolate chips

Mix it all together.  Drop by the spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet.  Cook at 350 for 12-16 minutes.  If they are smaller, it might take less time.  If they are bigger, it might take more time.  You know the drill, test with a toothpick.

Variations could be endless!  White, milk, or dark chocolate chips.  Pecans, almonds, or walnuts.  Go crazy and add craisins or candied ginger.  Get totally wild and crazy and add Heath pieces!

I whipped these up and ate a few before they ever cooled off because I couldn't help myself.  I think I burned my mouth, but totally worth it.  I was very pleased with the result.  I used a white cake mix because I had it in the cupboard.  I wanted a spice cake mix but didn't have one.  So I resolved that problem buy stirring in the following spices to the white cake mix to spice it up:  cinnamon, ground clove, ground ginger, and nutmeg.  Viola!  Problem solved.

If you need an easy recipe to bake, here it is!
 


1 comment:

Mouse said...

I will most definately eat this as I love pumpkin too. As a matter of fact, I'm drinking pumpkin beer and eating pumpkin risotto as I catch up on blogs right now. Mmmmmm.