Saturday, October 6, 2012

We Must Be Cool

Happy weekend to you!  I'm so excited to have gotten a nice piece of mail today, that I just have to share it with you.
 
It wasn't a bill, or a piece of worthless advertising.  I'm not buying gutters or feeling compelled to vote for a candidate.  It was a real personal letter.  Written by hand by the son of one of our friends.  And as careful as it was written, it must have taken some time to produce this puppy.
 
I am so flattered that our friends' kids think we are so cool that they want to have their birthday dinners at our place.  I mean, Todd is one heckuva cook.  But for kids to think that, whoa!  That's pretty amazing.
 
Take a look at his letter:
 
All names except Todd's has been removed to protect the innocent.
That means Todd isn't innocent.  I think we all knew that.

IS THAT NOT THE CUTEST THING YOU'VE READ TODAY????  I just think it's adorable.

I can't wait to eat his Happy-Birthday-Rib-Dinner and play Mario Cart.  Of course we happily accept his request to host his birthday dinner.  (His parents are readers of my blog, so I know they will see this.) 

I still have a pack of balloons around here somewhere...  That's about as wild and crazy as I get.  Especially in November.  We can't exactly break out a slip-n-slide down the hill this time of year.  But man, wouldn't THAT be fun?!?!!

Next January, I will start planning my kid's 10th birthdays.  Complete with DOG cake for them and the doggy-hood, and human cake, well, for the humans.  The big ONE-OHHH is a big milestone, which will not go by unnoticed

Some day, I'll have to recap for you their first birthday.  That was a real hoot.  Oh, and their puppy shower.  It was definitely good times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kid has good taste. I would definitely want my birthday at your house with Uncle Todd cooking!!!

SHUT UP about our babies being almost 10. TEN!!! Sigh.

Oh that puppy shower and the first birthday party. When you talk about their first birthday party, I hope you post THAT picture of me. You know the one I mean. The hilarious one with me and my friend.

T said...

Oh, you KNOW it's coming. I ALMOST posted it a month or two ago when I was posting once a day. It's that special.

Toddy said...

Oh my. I just realized the pic. DUH HUH!!!!