Sunday, October 7, 2012

Vacation Dip

Back when I took two weeks off and painted my hideous pink master bedroom with a beautiful shade of green, I made Tullybird's dip with Greek Yogurt.  OH MY STARS.  I LOVED it.  It was really thick and rich.  I couldn't even tell that I was eating fat free Frage Greek yogurt.

Seriously take a look at this recipe in the following link.  Make a change if you need to because maybe you have most of the ingredients at home ready to go.  I used an onion instead of shallots.  I just don't buy and keep shallots.  My taste buds were not disappointed. 

blue cheese and caramelized shallot dip

Here are the ingredients:
  • oil
  • shallots
  • balsamic vinegar
  • mayonnaise
  • sour cream
  • blue cheese or Gorgonzola
You probably have most of that, don't you?

I doubled her recipe, used a yellow onion instead of shallots, and exchanged Greek yogurt for the mayo & sour cream.  I used about a tablespoon of mayo for flavor.  I don't think I even needed to do that.

I deem this Vacation Dip because she made it when she was here on vacation.  And I made it when I was on vacation.  And it's just so good, it makes a day off even better!

2 comments:

Toddy said...

I barely even get any

Anonymous said...

Sounds delish! Poor Todd, better make some more for him.