Saturday, January 29, 2011

Booze & Beads, Episode 2

This is a special edition of Brunch, Booze & Beads. Life is getting so busy that we didn't want the weekend to slip completely away without some girl time. So we got together to bead, brunch, and toast our wonderful creative badass selves with coffee, White Russian style. Fabulous, right?

Tricia and I have both been creative geniuses lately. And the woman just learned to wrap wires today. I give her an A+ for dedication. Or is it obsession?!? Yes, it does become an obsession. 

I whipped up a mean sausage, egg & cheese casserole and cute & tasty blueberry cream cheese bundtletts.  My favorite part was the coffee.  I ground up wonderful "City of Fountains Blend" KC coffee beans (thanks Suzie & Kevin).  To the brewed coffee I added: half & half, Kahlua & vanilla vodka.  Why have I never thought of this before, Hello?!?!  Amazing.  I really enjoyed it, but sadly didn't get tipsy.  I was very relaxed though.  Which in hind sight is a good thing because I'm still awake and did not nap.  Actually, I may be awake all night after two cups of that stuff.

I spent hours this past week in the evenings after the gym, wrapping sterling silver wires on my Angel Judy's necklace. I will publish pics of this T-best-ever-masterpiece ON her birthday. If she is reading this, she doesn't get an early peek. Let's just say that there are never any surprises under their Christmas tree on the 25th.

Pictures were demanded requested, thus I am fulfilling the request.  In this picture, in the upper left hand corner is a beautiful ensemble in shades of green (with cute little red HEARTS).  This was Tricia's first creation.  Today she completed the trilogy with earrings.  The bracelet on the top middle, is a beautiful blue kind-of-braided bracelet that Tricia made.  I wish you could see the detail.  It looks like little flowers, very glitzy and very cute.  The bracelet at the bottom right with the silver tubes, is a creation I made, and it will soon be on eBay!


Next up, on the left hand side is a necklace and earrings combination I made for Tricia.  My inspiration was the main tear-drop shaped stone.  Kind of a dark lime green and black.  It's a favored color, and I knew she'd have something in her closet to match it.  I like the little dangles at the bottom of the earrings so much, that I may make myself a pair of them.  On the right hand side, is a sterling silver trilogy I made that will soon be on eBay.  The little silver tubes are curved, and the mix of square glass beads should go with just about everything (or nothing?) for someone who needs a new set of "pretty's" (as my grandmother would have said).

Saved the best for last, a close up of a gorgeous black & silver ensemble created by Tricia.  She used the cutest beads that are like woven balls of silver & black metal.  So versatile, and so cute.  I have to apologize here and now for the overuse and abuse of the word cute.  I just can't help it.  I will, however, try to refrain from typing the phrase "super-cute" too many times.  But it is.  You can see a little more detail on the gorgeous blue bracelet, but because it is a profile view of it, you can't see the beautiful design.


So, there you have it.  The fruits of our labor over the past week.  And a perfect way to spend a Saturday morning/afternoon: looking at beautiful beads, brunching on goodies, dreaming up wonderful new ideas and ways to use our stuff.  I so wish we could have everyone over for a whole weekend of Booze & Beads.  Let me know if y'all are ever headed my way!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love love love!!!

& a wee bit jealous, I have to admit.

My tiny critic beside me looking at the pictures is enthralled, too. I think when the two of you open your bath store, it will also include jewelry.

T said...

I'm sorry! I told Tricia how much you guys would like each other, if we could just get together. I did think of you and how much you would enjoy it too! Get your beads out!

Yes, yes, yes. Maybe we will have part bath and party beauty. And maybe we'll have a laboratory in the back where we can mix up our own bath bombs. Bright purple and bright green ones. Ooooooh, can't wait. Tell her to hurry up and get that Bachelor's in business, then we're there.