Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy Days

From a professional perspective, today was one of the best days I've had in 2011.  Heck, professionally speaking, today was the best day I've had in 2010 and 2011 combined.  I volunteered to help answer calls and help with a process.  Without getting into where I work or what we do (because this is a site about me, not where I work), let's just say that we have a setup process and I helped customers with the middle step.  In my normal day job, I don't work with external customers.

HOW MUCH FUN DID I HAVE AT WORK TODAY?  Seriously.  I had a few grumpy customers, and I had a few happy customers.  I loved the lady who told me that she told her son that there was only one solution--us.  How cool is that?  I am so proud of the organization for which I work.  How many people can really say that?  How many people can say that and mean it?  I made a tangible contribution to my organization today, and I feel so good about it!  I haven't even been there 2 months, and it already feels like home.

On my drive home tonight, I was thinking, why does this new place feel like home?  One of the reasons is because I am working with like-minded professionals.  There are so many intelligent (I am not tooting my own horn here), customer-oriented people with which I have the privilege to work.  It's refreshing.  It's exciting.  It's invigorating, motivating, and inspirational. 

I wish everyone could work in an environment like mine.  I know so many people who are unhappy in their jobs and they are essentially "stuck".  Until the economy gets better, the situation isn't going to drastically improve, and I hope and pray those who truly hate their jobs find alternative employment.  I know my "honeymoon" period will end some day in my new digs.  But hey, I'm going to work hard to make sure it lasts as long as physically possible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot tell you how happy this makes me. How thrilled I am for you because you DESERVE this. I know the honeymoon period won't last forever and at some point, things will suck there. But I hope the suckage is normal, temporary and you continue to feel fulfilled.

MWAH!!!

Toddy said...

I'm happy you're happy. I bet that makes you happy.

T said...

I'm happy! For now, anyway.