Saturday, January 15, 2011

Warm thoughts

In the middle of winter, I love to look at pictures from last year's plants.  Today is pretty warm, and it reminds me that all the stupid weed seeds are currently out there germinating, and taking hold, in this pathetic sand we call a yard.  But with plenty of perseverance, my plants will mature yet another year.  Kind of like we do...

We grew pumpkins:


and sunflowers:

Here is my funky Echinacea/Purple Coneflower:

I have an agave that "had" babies!


And now, for my very favorite flowers.  These are my double-blooming iris.  Yes, they bloom TWO times a year, and they are just magical.  I had gorgeous flowers in June/July, and again in late September/October/and into November!  These pictures will make you have Spring fever!




Just wait until 2011 growing season, these beauties will have doubled their size and flower production.  Now to come up with a game plan for combatting those pesky weeds....

No comments: