Sunday, January 2, 2011

Food Haven

We are starting off the new year with full freezers, thanks to a lot of dear friends and family.  Where to begin on our taste exploration.  How about the first one we received and going in chronological order, shall we?

We were the lucky recipients of a Lobster Gram from Todd's dad & step-mom for Christmas.  O-M-G it was HEAVENLY.  This is the second one we have ever received, and knowing what we might have in store was reason for utter giddiness.  I'm telling you, everything* has been exquisite.  We have enjoyed every item so far and they have all been fabulous.  I highly recommend anything from this place.  Ok, I was a little freaked out when I opened the cooler, moved the wet napkin, and realized two live critters were staring at me.  Ok, I was freaked out a lot.  But Todd was able to cook them the next day, and despite the animal lover in me, I really enjoyed them.  The lobster ravioli was everything for which I have ever hoped and then some!  The lobster cakes were dee-lish.  And we were lucky enough to receive filet mignon steaks, and they were just butter.  The only item we have not consumed yet is the lobster bisque, which I am saving for some special evening, because having it will be a reason to celebrate.

*the only item I did not care for was the chocolate heart shaped cake, however I know their plain cheesecake is wonderful.  If you are judging this fresh gourmet SEAFOOD delivery company by their desserts, something is wrong with you.

The next magical delivery to our doorstep was from Brett (& Annette) and it was.... Burgers' Smokehouse BACON!!!  We received a varied assortment of wonderful bacon, which just made our day (or week, or year).  If you know Todd, you know he's a bacon lover.  Thanks to his appreciation of the wonderful meat snack (it's not just for breakfast), I have developed a fondness for it too.  Especially the maple flavored, or the apple wood smoked kind.  We enjoyed some just this morning.

Then we received a huge delivery of awesomeness.  Kansas City Steak Company --MEAT-- thanks to my brother, Mike & Barbara.  Wow, we got an assortment of filets (my favorite), KC strips (yum), ribeyes (Todd's favorite), and steakburgers (think gourmet ground beef).  We have made "juicy Lucy's" with the steakburgers.  2 patties stuffed with your favorite cheese.  I used the included meat seasonings, which I find to be particularly tasty.  I had mine stuffed with cheddar, Todd's with American.  Add home baked buns, and you have a killer burger.  We will be having steaks soon.  Very soon.

The last wonderful cooler to be especially delivered was from Jack's Stack barbecue, care of Suzie & Kevin.  This brought us back to KC.  The beans had pieces of all kinds of meat that just make you drool, the ribs--OH MAN--the ribs.  The ribs were juicy, tender, succulent, savory and sweet all at the same time.  Really tasty.  And my very favorite part--the cheesy corn.  This is not just corn with some cheese.  This is a cream-cheese-base with other cheeses and pieces of ham in which they bathe sweet juicy corn nibblets.  If I were alone on a deserted island and had one wish and it had to be food, would it be cheesy corn?  Quite possibly.  We have burnt ends and pulled pork to savor soon.

We got a beautiful wine basket from Uncle Frank and Aunt Judy.  We received a tasty fruit basket from George & Sue.  Cookies and sweets from so many people I swear I feel my waistline expanding right now, but I love sugary treats so totally worth it.  I just had to tell you about all the awesome food in our freezer right now.  It was definitely the highlight of our holiday season.

Bon Appetite to you in 2011!

2 comments:

donna said...

Um, yum.

How do you not weigh 600 pounds now?

Toddy said...

Food is just perfect. So far the bacon has been awesome, I've been really impressed.