Sunday, April 17, 2011

Fry Baby, Fry

We don't always eat healthy. I know that's shocking! Vege's need to make more of an appearance at our house on the dinner table. It's just really hard with the porcine loving carnivore with whom I live. We had "fry night" tonight with our deep fat fryer. A machine I swore we'd never buy.... But hey, it was a gift!

We had beer battered catfish nuggets, shrimp (with a coating of PANKO bread crumbs), mushrooms, little smokies (battered and fried twice with a coating of PANKO bread crumbs on the second coating), and asparagus. Well, I had battered/fried asparagus, Todd wouldn't eat it but he did cook it for me! It was super yummy. I highly recommend it. I highly recommend it all in moderation! I should have had a side salad or something, but that would have been just too healthy. Next time, we'll try battered and fried bacon....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We need a fryer. But then we are going to have to have fry night and only do it outside b/c oh god, the smell LINGERS.

The asparagus sounds YUMMY!