Friday, April 22, 2011

Oh, I'm Sooo Done!

You may remember a conversation about my volunteering in a previous post.  I admit that it was mostly a one-way conversation, but not totally!  You gave me great feedback, and as a bonus, I thoroughly confused my husband.  That was fun.

Anyway, I am officially going to be done with volunteering in my Professional Association of Lint Filter Cleaner-ers (PALFC) as of the end of June.  I am tired of working with a process that just can't improve.  I give up on trying to force efficiencies with automation.  If I cared, and thought it would be worth it in the long term, or was drawing a paycheck from this association, things would be different.  But they are not, so I'm outta there.  Soon.  I will fulfill my year long obligation, then that is it. 

Because I am the middle person in a process, and I have to beg for the input to my process so that I can give the output to others, and I have NEVER gotten the information in a timely manner so anytime I have anything to do it's always a blazing fire of an emergency, I'm done.  I understand that in a volunteer organization, you can't exactly demand for things to happen.  But who doesn't take pride in what they do, regardless if they are paid for it or not?  Yea, I don't want to work with those people anymore.  And I don't have to.

No comments: