Friday, April 1, 2011

Just A Theory

I went to the grocery store on my way home tonight.  I know, shocker, cause I’m NEVER the one to go—yes, I am a very lucky person.  Anyway, I always get deer-in-the-headlight-syndrome when I’m in there.  I need to look at and touch everything, because there are SO MANY items which I have never seen.  Again, because I am never the one to go.  Neither complaining or bragging about that fact. 

Why did I stop by the grocery store?  Glad you asked.  I have a theory.  I wonder if when someone increases their physical exercise level (aerobic activity), does one’s body actually decrease, umm, its activity level, if you know what I mean.

So I felt like an old person in the check-out line.  Here’s what I bought:
·         A jug of low-fat drinkable yogurt with probiotics
·         2 4-packs of Activia low fat yogurt (including their own special probiotic cultures)
·         Heart healthy whole grain lasagna noodles
·         Fiber One bran cereal (the highest fiber/least sugar one I could find) – they look like Chinese noodles.  Any odds on how bad these are going to suck?

So I’ll see if I’m feeling better within a week.  We’ll see.  Theory in progress here.  God, getting old sucks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not old. Just health conscious.

Becky said...

I've had that Fiber One cereal before, and it's not awful. I think I probably added Splenda to it but I was able to eat it. If you're looking for other cereals, Kellogg's has a "Fiber Plus" line of stuff now that includes 2 flavors of cereal. There's a yogurt one, but that has tons of carbs, and there's a Cinnamon Oat one. I really like it - it's light and crunchy, and very tasty. Even with my sweet tooth I eat it without any added sweetener.

They also make chewy granola bars that are so much better tasting than Fiber One bars, and come in a lot of flavors. And they're EFFECTIVE.

MitchelWB said...

Mmmm. Fart bars.

Toddy said...

I think you get me beer too. What does THAT say?