Thursday, April 28, 2011

In Honor of William & Katherine

We had a twitter festival the other day trying to win wonderful Donna a free trip to London to be amongst all the hoopla of the Royal fairytale wedding. Unfortunately after days of nail-biting anticipation and utter disbelief, Donna did not win. But it was not because of a lack of creative and enduring friends who got pretty loopy as the day/evening evolved and the tweets persevered. I have to say that I had a blast being creative and dreaming of new things to say about Donna. As the evening wore on, my creativity dissolved as others became hilarious.

I wanted to share a few of my very favorites. Unfortunately I didn't follow DonnaToLondon, a new user created for this special occasion by the ever creative Becky, so I am sure that I missed out on very entertaining tweets. For those relatives of mine reading, Donna is not related. And if you don't know what Twitter is:
  •  Twitter enables users to send and read text-based posts composed of up to 140 characters, called tweets, which are displayed on the user's profile page. Users can subscribe to other users' tweets – this is known as following and subscribers are known as followers or tweeps ('Twitter' + 'peeps').
Here they are, what I consider the Best of the Best, in no particular order (and I could not go back and see all of our tweets, so this is just what I could still access):

By Donna:
·         I see London, I see France, I see Donna McKee's underpants
·         Donna McKee is the 27th letter of the alphabet
·         When Harry met Donna McKee, it was magic
·         Donna McKee came out of the womb knowing how to walk in heels
·         New Orleans shows ITS boobs to Donna McKee
·         Donna McKee never needs airbrushing
·         One of my FAVORITES:  Donna McKee's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
·         Donna McKee will smell anything you ask her to. True story.

By Becky:
·         MY ULTIMATE FAVORITE:  If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball. But you can't dodge Donna McKee.
·         As soon as I stepped away from the computer I starting singing the lesser-known Janis Joplin song "Me and Donna McKee"
·         Donna McKee got kicked out of ballet class because she pulled a groin muscle. It wasn't hers.
·         When Donna McKee read about the evils of drinking, she gave up reading.
·         Once, during Prohibition, Donna McKee was forced to live on nothing but food and water.
·         What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Except Donna McKee. She comes back at you.
·         Donna McKee isn't bad, she's just drawn that way.
·         Donna McKee is the answer to the question you forgot to ask.
·         Donna McKee makes the knees of your bees weak.
·         Donna McKee diagnoses House's patients on the first try.
·         The Mona Lisa is smiling thinking about Donna McKee.
·         Every time you vote for Donna McKee, an angel gets its wings
·         Donna McKee's a genius. She hooked up our stereo.
·         If I didn't have puke breath, I'd kiss Donna McKee.

By Shelly:
·         Mary Poppins asks Donna McKee for parenting advice.
·         Donna McKee makes the iPad look dated.
·         My OTHER VERY favorite:  Chachi didn't love Joanie, he loved Donna McKee.
·         Uptown Girl was written about Donna McKee.
·         Donna McKee can skip backwards.
·         Donna McKee won Iron Chef without even having to pick up a knife.
·         Donna McKee melts in your mouth, not in your hands.
·         Donna McKee finally got Monica Lewinsky's dress dry cleaned.
·         Donna McKee told George Jetson exactly what a sprocket is.
·         Donna McKee rescued the survivors of the SS Minnow.
·         Donna McKee taught the Clampetts manners.
·         Donna McKee likes it shaken, not stirred.
·         Donna McKee knows which one they picked after the first 2 minutes of House Hunters.
·         Donna McKee eats the green M&Ms first.
·         If I was on death row, I'd ask for Donna McKee as my last meal.
·         When Donna McKee looks great white sharks in the eyes, they swim away in fear.
·         Donna McKee invented the Internet.
·         Donna McKee has seen paradise by the dashboard lights and she wasn't impressed.

My tweets:
·         Forget snickers, Donna satisfies!
·         Donna is my drug of choice.
·         Luke, Donna is your Father.

I know I had an essay written about the yummy goodness of my beans that I was sittin' there eatin' at lunch, tweetin’ about Donna McKee.  I commenced to describe the 5 different kinds of beans. In separate tweets.  Cause it was fun.  The next day, some legume society started following Donna McKee on Twitter.

Congrats Will & Kate, and GOOD LUCK!  Bets on how long it will take before they have a house cleaner?!?!??!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still pissed she didn't win. It was delightfully fun, though.

Becky said...

Oh, that was so fun. My favorite DonnaToLondon tweet was "Roses are red, violets are blue. Donna McKee has to go to the loo."

My niece Darby got in on it, too, since I was babysitting that night. I let her read all my DonnaToLondon tweets and as she read them out loud to me I just felt sillier and sillier. We were cracking up.

Thanks for collecting these for posterity!